Welcome to pages of HAEMUS Journal dedicated to the authors.
For more information consult the following subjects: – Submission guidelines – Referencing and style – Rights and permissions
The Board of HAEMUS welcomes research and review articles on all aspects of the history and archaeology of the Balkan Peninsula, from prehistory to modern times, including all interdisciplinary studies and studies of classical and modern scholarship within the scope of the Journal. All submissions should be based on original research or new interpretations, and should reflect the highest standards of scholarship.
Authors are encouraged to submit papers written in English. In order to facilitate the online indexing and abstracting process, all articles should be accompanied by an abstract of no more than 100 words, written in English, as well as no more than seven key-words, which will serve as the article’s meta-tags in the major online repositories.
If the submission is not written in the author’s mother tongue, authors are strongly advised to enlist the help of a native speaker to have it reviewed and edited so as to enable reviewers to give full justice to the work submitted.
The title page should give the title, name(s) and e-mail address(es) of the author(s) and name(s) of institution(s).
Length and format
As HAEMUS is published in electronic format, there is no limit on the length of the submissions. However, please take the following into consideration:
– Submissions should be sent in Microsoft Word (or any other mainstream word processor format) as an attachment to the author’s e-mail message;
– Each submission is to be accompanied by an electronic cover letter containing the following information: author’s name, author’s institutional affiliation, author’s e-mail address, and author’s short biography (not exceeding 150 words). The cover letter should confirm that the article is not currently being considered for publication by any other journal;
– Titles should not exceed 15 words; they should include sufficient detail for indexing purposes, but be general enough to convey the subject of the article;
– Minimum formatting by authors is preferred, as articles accepted for publication will be typeset by HAEMUS and will conform to the general look and feel of the Journal;
– Unicode fonts should be used without exception; using non-unicode or non-standard fonts may result in significant errors in the text, especially in chunks of text in ancient Greek or other languages that use non-Latin or extended subset characters;
– Any artwork accompanying the submission should be sent as a separate file. Location of figures and/or tables in the text should be properly indicated, either in square brackets, or on a separate line.
– Only electronic submissions are accepted. Printed manuscripts delivered by postal mail will not be taken into consideration. Submissions should be sent as an e-mail attachment to email@example.com, with ‘HAEMUS submission’ in the subject line.
Please read more about our publishing policies here.
Referencing and style
Referencing styles are established systems of referencing with consistent rules. Referencing style requirements cover the two elements of a referencing system: in-text citations (such as author-date citations, or footnotes), and reference lists or bibliographies.
Articles send to HAEMUS Journal should support the Harvard referencing style. Please, download the complete guideline on the following link.
Furthermore, one should take care that all bibliographical references using non-Latin scripts should be followed by a translation into the language of the article and set in square brackets, as for example:
Rights and permissions
Some rights reserved under CC licence. HAEMUS journal, its web pages and on-line contents is the copyright of the HAEMUS – Center for Scientific Research and Promotion of Culture, Skopje. HAEMUS Journal is an open-access journal distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author and source are credited.
Authors are expected to obtain permission from copyright holders for reproducing any illustrations, tables, figures or lengthy quotations previously published elsewhere. HAEMUS will not be held accountable for any copyright infringement caused by the authors.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.
*** HAEMUS Journal is the official publication of HAEMUS, Skopje; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; phone:+389(0) 77 432 861***